Friday, August 27, 2010

The stoning

It is interesting how the Ultimate power works when it needs to deliver a message. Yesterday, when checking Amnesty's web page, I decided to be a member. It is not only about paying the annual fee, but it is about acting. It is about shouting for the sake of human rights until the voices wither. It is about fighting for justice even if it will shed blood.

It is interesting how yesterday I was reading about the stoning of Iranian Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani whose case has shaken the world showing the primitiveness of the Mullah regime. A rotten system overdosed with religious testosterone.

Today, I watched "The stoning of Suraya M", a movie, based on a real story, talks about the evil cooperation of male savages accusing of adultery an innocent mother of four. I nearly decided not to continue watching, blame it on nerves, but I did and a heavy load of silence paralyzed my ability to forget.

I do not know how to act, maybe a prayer will be heard or another will give me creative ideas. I will do what it takes to share my voice with those heroes shouting from above the tower of justice .

For those who haven't watched the movie yet, please do and tell me what you feel.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful! Haven't seen the movie, but the trailer gave the essence of violent domination, and I can imagine it leaving you feeling distressed. Why does there have to be such social imbalance in the world? Prayer must surely be an automatic solution. Believing that God is just must motivate us to do something about this injustice.

Michael Khatcherian said...

Thank you, I believe in that to. Prayer and believe in heavenly justice is a the solution

Lamiss said...

It brings anger to see people suffer because of savage power, but makes more encouraging to shout loudly against any injust action. Our prayers is our first call

Colleen said...

Isn't that always the problem? We read these terrible, gut-wrenching stories of injustice that most of us can't imagine and that show us SO clearly that ours is largely a world without compassion and mercy and yet, what can we do? Evil is overwhelming sometimes. I remember reading about human trafficking and the child slavery/sex industry in so many places (but in particular, Asia) and feeling sick to my stomach about it. We CAN pray. We CAN work for justice by never being silent when these things are mentioned, basically never agreeing by our very silence and implied complacency. We CAN try to help individual people that we encounter...but still, what else? I'd like to know too.
Thanks for sharing this Michael. I watched the preview and read the link you gave...lets keep looking for ways we can help.
God bless my friend.

(Sorry that this comment is kind of all over the place...)