Thursday, March 18, 2010

Good bye or bye for good?


Have you ever looked at these two words,Good and Bye? I can't see them match together. To me, there are no good byes. I am not trying to be a drama here but it really makes me sad every time I say it to somone. Uff how weird, Today I told my friends at church that my life is a train station. People pass my life journeying on a train. People stop there, take breaks, and enjoy their stay. Some wait for the train of life, time will take them again, they leave with no return.Some promise to come back and they do, others promise but they don't. But all are special and all leave the meant impression.
The station is still there, gets older day by day. Why is it there? I don't know, but I know it is staying until the Great engineer decides to take it away . It will not forget any of this life's passengers until the time comes and we may meet again.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Hi Michael, thank you for the comment, I completely agree with you. We are so blessed to have Mary in our lives.
I enjoyed this post of yours...it reminded me of a quote, "Some people come into our lives and quickly go, some stay for awhile, and some leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same again." (Or something like that.:)
And then there's Jack Kerouac:
"What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plane until all you see are their specks dispersing?"
I like that one but it's sad.
I think some good byes are very sad because you know that the next time you meet that person, if you do in fact see them again, no matter how much you've insisted nothing will change, there are subtle distances between you anyway. Of course, not with everyone but with some very special people this sadly does happen.
Anyway now my comment is as long as your post so I'll sign off and wish you a great day today!:)

Emil said...

Du skrive bra Michael.
D e kjekt å lese.